Monday, April 21, 2014
1. I've always admired runners and have wanted to run for hours on end, sorta like Forest Gump, and I promised myself that one day I'd be running for hours on end!
2. I like running because it gets my brain running like a hamster on its wheel. Once I get going, the world's problems always get solved in my head!
3. Although I've always wanted to run, I'm terrified because I don't know if I truly can run-walk-run 13.1 miles ... I really need tons of music on my iphone to keep me in the zone!
4. I don't know what a cool runner is or looks like, so I'm hoping that I'll figure this out soon. *side note: does this involve having cool running clothes?*
5. I hope to learn the "runner language" ya know what I mean? "on your left" AKA get outta my way before I shove you to the ground. Right? No? You mean runners are nice? WHAT?
6. I get to learn what a runners high really is. What is it? Am I like lifted up to the sky or something?
7. I finally get to join the cool kids club! I get to brag to everyone I know about how I ran a half-marathon ...with my eyes shut, running backwards, dancing the Macarena, while wearing a tutu. HECK YEAH!
8. Do I get to put one of those 13.1 stickers on my car now?
9. I can't wait to get stronger after this. I mean seriously folks this is a HUGE challenge for me to even consider, so here goes me breaking down all those Princess Yekta walls. Le Sigh....
10. My Physical Therapist will get to know me on a love-and-hate relationship since I'll need her to help me prep for the many injuries my willy knees and obscured back will endure. Like my hubby teaches me mindfulness, I'll invite the pain but kick it's ass out the door!
11. Oh yeah, last but not least my new personal trainer Karl is gonna kill me getting my core & gluteus strong. I'm gonna come out of this whole challenge a machine ready to rip the pavement with every step!!
So here goes me, training for the Rock & Roll half-marathon that will happen in six months in Los Angeles! October 26, 2014 here I come!
Monday, March 31, 2014
|We made the blue box out of Styrofoam wrapped in blue tissue paper and ribbon glued on. These held the cake pops in and kept them sturdy.|
I made these this past weekend for a get together but I didn't have any Styrofoam and they came out with flat tops and the rest stuck to the plate and I had to throw them out because they dry onto the plate super fast. I found a great idea on Pinterest for decorating them but I didn't have any Styrofoam so they shifted around a lot and came out ugly - but tasted good so I heard!
I made my kotlets the healthier version, I did not fry them, I baked them, I used walnut cooking spray (vegetable oil isn't the best oil to use)
You're going to need a food processor, although I used my blender because I've got an awesome 5 sharp blade system thing where it can be used as a food processor. A great chefs knife to cut your onions & garlic, and a food mat/board to use, and hand gloves for food handling (I don't like touching meat or food when I cook).
The ingredients I used were:
Ian's Gluten-Free bread crumbs which were bought from Whole Foods. I suggest these because they're the healthiest on the shelf. There's absolutely nothing in them that could flare up my food allergies or anyone else's for that matter!
1 egg white, from an egg, because it tastes better than egg whites in a carton - DO NOT USE THE ENTIRE EGG. I am not a fan of egg yolks EVER and will never use them for several reasons, but I d eat egg whites because they taste better than the carton egg whites.
2 tablespoons of lemon juice, again from a fresh lemon
1 onion chopped as much as possible
1 entire garlic bulb, we love garlic in our home so we love the overly abundant "garlic" flavor in food. So this is really up to you, if you're not a garlic fan don't include it or put as many as you want in the food processor
Paprika, seas salt, pepper or you can use Mrs. Dash, the product line is salt & msg free
*also as a side note, if you don't have onion or garlic you can easily use onion and garlic powders, they'll do the job too, but the real whole vegetable is better!
So the first thing I did was blend/food process all the ingredients; I don't like to add salt to my food with all the spices I used so I didn't use any but again this is all up to you, including how much spices you put in the blender. I did about 5-6 dashes of paprika and a small dash of pepper. I turn on the blender and wait and wait until I feel like it looks like "mush"!
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Thursday, January 9, 2014
I bought everything from décor to food from Walmart which was so much more affordable than going elsewhere. There was so much fun had when we went shopping, I mean we couldn't eve fit anything into our car ride home! I'm so glad we had the party it went better than we planned and so many people came over!
In the evite I asked everyone to bring a gift under $7 wrapped or wrap something from home you didn't want for the white elephant exchange. I let people know that if they didn't want their gifts or sweaters after the party they could leave it because I was going to donate everything to the Salvation Army and I had a bunch of stuff left over, so it was a success!
|Everyone got a finger 'stache! Greatest idea ever, found them cheap on Amazon!|
|Michelle and her finger 'stache!|
|AJ and her finger 'stache!|
|Our super ugly xmas sweaters!|
|Everyone had a great time mingling & eating!|
|Mine, her mom and her hubby John in the photo booth!|
|Us playing with the photo booth!|
|I love these girls!|
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
|Santa was at the Seattle airport to give out candy canes & holiday cheer to travelers and the cute kids who ran up to him with such glee!|
|He enjoyed his kabob koobideh and mast-o-kear very much!|
|Our view when you walk out of the hotel, the boats were so cool!|
|This is how I remember Christmas...sunny, warm & awesome!|
|Look at all that food!|
|It was so simple and fun!|
|Look at all that candy!|
|Which one do you like? The one on the far right won!|
|The gingerbread 'truck' my hubby made haha!!!|
|What an awesome sparkly house!|
|This one was mine! Check out the xmas m&m tree on the side of the house.|
My hubby wanted to see the USS Midway. Now let me tell you, the whole time that I lived in San Diego never once went to see this ship! It was such an awesome delight to experience it with him! I love history and I love learning about everything that has some part of history so I highly enjoyed this day trip! I can't believe so many people were on this ship! If you have a chance, go on it, you'll like it I promise you!
If you haven’t heard you need to try out Fit Wall in La Jolla if you’re up to a challenge! No kidding, this place will kick your butt! Bring your workout gloves or borrow someone’s because I blistered so badly when I didn’t have mine! When you’re all done with the 40 minute sweat session make sure you take one of their coconut water shots! Walk over next door to The Cottage and have a delicious breakfast and make sure to ask for the patio!
I love being home, all the memories and my family and friends make it such a worthwhile trip! I can't wait to go back!